Tuesday, April 2, 2013


Well, the weeks have been flying by since the last time I updated this blog. As a base, we’ve been pushing hard into a new season. Inventory has been done, new schedules are in place, rooms are being plastered, cassava has been planted, new guidelines are in place. It’s a season of finishing the old and bringing in the new.
I’m feeling very accomplished this afternoon. The library for the base is officially finished. It was a month long project, and I spent many hours sitting in the office cataloguing and recording books. I spent many evenings in the library area, but now I am finished. It’s a good feeling to have.
I spent the better part of last week in Aitutaki, meeting up with old friends and starting new friendships. God has been giving me a larger heart for reaching into the outer islands of the Cook Islands, especially for building relationships with the youth.
I’ve been attending a women’s cell group (more infrequently than I’d like) on Tuesday evenings, and I’m hoping to build some friendships with girls my age.
I’m tackling some art projects for the prayer room, as well as for the Lecture Room upstairs. So I’m staying pretty busy.
However, mostly, God is growing in me a heart for prayer. Since I’ve taken on leading our Intercession times, God has been speaking to me about how I need to develop a heart for prayer. I’ve been reading and prepping my heart, and I’m looking at ways that I can do my part to lead the base into a lifestyle of world-transforming prayer.
This morning during intercession we prayed into various nations around the world. We looked at 2 Kings 4:8-37 where we see that we need to have a heart for the people we are praying for. We need to identify with them and feel with them in order to effectively pray for them. The bible says to “Weep with those who weep, and rejoice with those who rejoice.” I believe that this is a vital part to prayer.
Anyway, until next time…Ka kite and kia manuia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback welcome!