Sunday, November 23, 2014

The post I was hoping not to have to write...

So...this post, aah! this post...

This post, I've been putting off writing for awhile, but today, buoyed by 4 shots of espresso, a too cold for me outside, and no one at home to distract me, I will brave my way through this post.

I don't actually know the outcome of this post. Funny that, and possibly the reason I've been putting it off.

When I first came home in April, everyone wanted to know what my next steps were, how long I was going to be "home" for, what my goals and plans were.

I gave safe answers. I was going to be in La Crete until Christmas. I was looking at going to Asia in the New Year. Et cetera, et cetera... The answers satisfied people for the time being.

The Christmas season is fully upon us, only a short 4 weeks away, and the questions have started again. How long are you planning on working? What are you thinking of doing? Do you know where God wants you? What are your plans?

The questions are sincere, out of the goodness of people's hearts. And I have no hard feelings to the questions.

I've just run out of safe answers to give in reply.

My heart is more for missions than it ever has been. The ache to have people know God is as hard-pressed as it was as a teenager when I felt God calling me to a life of missions.

So, my conclusion, for those of you wondering, is...I still don't know what God is calling me into for next year.

I am hoping to work less and have more time to be with people. I am also heading back to the Cook Islands for a few weeks in February-March. (YAY!!!)

My prayer is to head into frontier missions, heading into places that have never heard the gospel. But I'm not sure which people group, or if that's my ultimate and God wants me to head somewhere else first, in preparation for frontiers.

At the moment, if you see me, or chat with me, feel free to ask what my plans are and how I'm doing, but be prepared for the possibility of vague answers. My life is literally day-to-day, step by step, walking and breathing by faith.

I would appreciate prayers for continued direction, if you think of me.

But at the moment, if you're wondering. I'm content. I'm happy (strangely enough) at being in La Crete, knowing that for this moment, this is where God wants me. I'm not necessarily satisfied, it was never my intention to move back to La Crete for an extended period of time, but I am content.

And I know without a shadow of a doubt, that God has plans for me. So I surrender life into His control :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback welcome!