Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Goals... ... ...

So here we are again.
I just came back from Lethbridge, hanging out with my family at the Alberta Summer Games, where my brother's team placed 5th.
I am appropriately psyched! And after enduring the 16 hr drive back north, I am faced with something that seems, insurrmountable. I will be in the Cook Islands Aug 20, 2012. That is less than 3 weeks away.
I am also faced with a phone call from the TEC Mission Board. It is long-awaited. But all of a sudden, I am unsure. "We want to go over your goals..."
...gulp....
Goals?
I want to serve Jesus. And God has told me to go back to the Cooks for this time.
So I pray, and as always, any fear, God takes away.
I am going to the Cooks to staff a DTS. It starts the first week of September. It will be done in the middle of January.
After that, honestly, we will see where the Lord leads. I don't feel called to the Cook Islands full-time, and lately my heart has been in a bit of a quandary.
Where does God really want me to go?
But I believe with all my heart, that with faith and perseverance, God will continue to make a way through thick and thin.
There is only 1 God. There is only 1 King. I can rest in the assurance of that fact. He has all things under control and will make all things beautiful in His time.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback welcome!