Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Jet lag

One of the greatest joys of travelling (please note the sarcasm) is jet lag. Jet lag is one of the reasons I am up at 1:10 Tuesday morning. My body thinks it is actually 9 PM. I'm hungry and eating ritz crackers and marble cheese, 2 things not found in the Cook Islands. My body is itchy, as my skin slowly dries out in adjustment from a humid climate to the dry, cold, desert-like climate of northern Alberta.

Adjustments and change are obviously eminent in my life at the moment, but I am marvelling more at the things that haven't changed in my life in the past week.

Somehow, I thought that my coming home would change me. Currently, placed in La Crete, my hometown, with not set purpose or reason. Currently, surrounded by the familiar which has become foreign while longing for the foreign which has become familiar.

And yet, I find God unmoving, unchanging, the Rock that I am set upon. He still speaks in the everyday, in the quiet moments and in the busy, He is always leading, guiding, orchestrating events and people for His greater good, for His glorious purposes.

I am taking 2 weeks off, but so far, I am not relaxing. I have seen so many people and attended a lot of events. God has used them all. I've talked to people about God, encouraged people, prayed for people. Oddly enough, I haven't asked for it. I haven't asked to be used, I haven't asked for opportunities, but God is giving them, and walking into them has seemed like the most natural thing in the world.

People keep asking me what I'm planning on doing while I'm here, and honestly, God has given no inkling. I have no prospects or ideas for jobs, but even if God has me here for this week, to talk to maybe 1 or 2 more people, it will have been worth it, it has already been worth it.

God is giving me people to pray for. God is giving me people to share with. God is giving me relationships to fight for and to speak into. God is giving me purpose, even through change, even through a season of complete faith, utter unknowing. God is good. I choose to build my house on His Rock, His solid and firm foundation. (Luke 6:46-49)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback welcome!