Saturday, April 26, 2014

Little Update: God's Not Finished With Me Yet

These last few weeks have felt very strange to me. I keep thinking that I need to start packing my suitcase and get ready for going back to the Cooks.
I went shopping in Edmonton this week and I kept finding things for the base and for friends that I felt like I needed to buy. And then it would hit me, I'm not going back.
The last few weeks have just been a roller coaster of emotion, unknowing, confusion. My mind is so unsettled. Everyone keeps asking, what are you going to do now. And I say, I don't know. Because I have no idea.
I've been praying a lot, asking God to show me, step by step, and still there's been silence. So I started questioning things, asking Him if He still wanted in me in missions, what He actually wants for me...
It was like 1am, and God brought to mind Genesis 12:1-3:
Get out of your country and from your Father's house, to a land that I will show you. 
I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; 
And you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you and I will
curse him who curses you, And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.

I went to bed, and in the morning I asked God what He meant and how it would happen. Still half-asleep, the word Isaiah before my eyes. I asked what reference, and I got 42:5. I don't usually get scriptures this way, but I turned to the reference, and it says:
I will go before you, and make the crooked places straight:
I will break in pieces the gates of bronze and cut the bars of iron.

At the moment, for me to head back into missions feels impossible, but God was assuring me that I need to step out in faith and allow Him to deal with the impossibilities. But along with that assurance, came the assurance, that although He hasn't yet shown me where to go or what to do, He isn't finished with me. I'm not done, there is still more for me to do.

The adventure isn't over. The journey continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback welcome!