Saturday, May 3, 2014

Spring

#life #missions #spring 


Driving home from town a few days ago, the sunset highlighted new buds on all the trees. I was so excited, spring was in full swing I thought, soon to give birth to summer. But winter has her icy tentacles wrapped, still, on this land, and the next morning I awoke to 0 degrees Celsius. Again, today, a chill is blowing through with the wind and when I went for a walk, ice lay frozen over the water in the ditches beside the road.

Winter holds tight, to many of us, for too long after spring should have arrived. Circumstances and guilt hold us in their clutches, and we lack the fortitude or strength to stand firm in the grace that is ours through salvation.

We forget that Jesus came to bring us life and that He came to bring it in abundance. Where the Spirit of The Lord is, there is freedom....in every circumstance God gives the strength to rise above, to rest in His victory, and to live in a place of new life.

I'm learning this the hard way through trials and tests, circumstances that I could choose to allow to crush me, but God continues to whisper, I am the Life.

And He is. He is the One who sets me free, allows joy and peace to overflow, brings in the warmth of spring to melt the icy clutches of this world's circumstances, doubt, fears, trials.

HE IS THE LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback welcome!