Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Serve Him

Today...
First key on my key ring, first run, first correct response to stress in probably the last year, first 24 degree day since arriving in Canada, fifth job interview...still only one part-time job I'm not sure is exactly the job for me...

I went to my room after supper and said, God, this is it, You have to speak to me, You have to show me what is happening here. This has pretty much been my prayer when it comes to my personal life since I landed in Vancouver at the beginning of April. 

Jesus tells a story in Luke 18:1-7 about a widow who continued to come to an ungodly judge because she desired justice. The judge would do nothing for her for awhile and then he got fed up. He said, I will get her justice otherwise she will wear me out with her continual asking. Jesus then expands His point by saying, if an unjust judge says this, how much more will God bring justice to His chosen?

Hear God's heart, He is saying, how much more will I answer the prayers of my people? We see this in other places as well, Ask and it will be given to you, Seek and you will find, Knock and the door will be opened to you...
God longs to answer the prayers of His people, He joys in it and delights in it.

Today, when I went into my bedroom, I prayed, and God brought these verses to mind,
Philippians 2:3-4 "Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests but also for the interests of others."

The verses haven't really clarified to me which job I should take or if I should volunteer this summer. They didn't clarify to me where God wants me next or if maybe He wants me in La Crete for longer than I originally thought.

But they did give me direction for tomorrow, for the rest of the week, for how I'm going to treat people at work and at home:

Look out for the interests of others...


#prayer #direction #service

2 comments:

  1. This is great Darla, God is using you in so many ways everyday and I love seeing your heart for people. God will do so much through you wherever you are, wherever he sends you keep on pressing in to hearing His voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Annie!
      Thanks that means so much to me, you have no idea! I want to commend you also for your heart for God and for how you're continuing to push into Him, especially when times are hard! love yas!

      Delete

Comments and feedback welcome!