Friday, September 19, 2014

My September Challenge

My challenge for September was to be accomplished.

Unfortunately, most of my goals set out by myself in June for this September were finished by the time September 1st rolled around. So I've been a little stuck for this month. And it's already the 19th so the month is almost over.

I'm still doing my journal challenge, which I'll hopefully share with you all next week sometime. But I decided to rather give you a short update on what God has been sharing with me through the last few weeks.

Mostly, God has been telling me, "Spend time with Me!"

Before I left the Cooks, the base directors told me to make sure that I kept up my relationship with God. In missions, it's easy to make God part of our work, seeking for His guidance for that day or for that meeting, and then going into vacation mode when we don't have to seek the Scriptures or spend so much personal time listening for His voice.

So I've been learning just to grow in my relationship with God, walking it out day by day with Him. It's been hard but good. I'm slowly learning how much God really just wants to be part of my every day.

After my time in Pittsburgh, I have been at peace. I'm at peace being in La Crete. I'm not running from place to place in my head, making plan after plan. I still don't want to be here long-term, but God is settling something in my heart and mind.

I'm happy because I know I'm exactly where He wants me. I'm even happy if I end up staying in Canada for longer than anticipated or if stuff doesn't go exactly according to my plan.

Something happened in my week away from La Crete that set me free.

God has given me things to pray for, people to invest in, new things to try.

He's speaking to me in the every day. He's walking with me all the way.

I'm loving it. And this walking out simple obedience...this has the markings of the greatest adventure!

Till next time...

How is God asking you to walk in the every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback welcome!