Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pittsburgh

So, as many of you know, I spent some time in the lovely city of Pittsburgh. My sister made a two year commitment to YWAM Pittsburgh. I wanted to see where she was moving, and I wanted to travel.

I also needed a retreat, a time to draw to God without the distraction of many people, and the pull of commitments and schedules.

I needed to reflect, reevaluate where I was at, what God was asking from me.

Pittsburgh is an amazing city, beautiful with red brick houses, narrow, winding streets, and lots of foliage. The people of Pittsburgh are beautiful, distinct, their own. Music, laughter, sass. They have their own heartache as well, but God's grace is so great, and the staff at YWAM Pittsburgh are reaching out into many neighborhoods and communities. God is moving. God is good.

The base is in an old monastery. Stained glass windows line the chapel walls. I spent quite a bit of my time there, seeking God's face, His presence, His words.

I wrote a lot in my journal, set aside a whole page for "What God was telling me." The mumble-jumble of chaotic feelings roiling around in my soul, becoming clearer as I sought His presence.

"At the feet of Jesus" kept coming to me. God's whispers over and over again, I want to spend more time with you. you need this time with me resounded over and over again in my soul.

Then I left for Edmonton, spent some time with some amazing girls who are all working and going to school, all with hearts for God, wanting to make a difference wherever they are.

Again, God whispered, I need time with you.

Then today, after travelling, running in the early morning frost, The Holy Spirit teaches and online this morning, post after post, blog after blog, Spend time with God, Draw away with God.

I think God is telling me something. Maybe He's telling you the same thing.

Spend time with Him.

Salvation is not so much about saving you from eternal hell-fire, as it is restoring a broken relationship with the Father, restoring the ability to come into Communion with your Maker.

Our lives don't progress spiritually when we don't steal away with God. We lose direction, we lose focus, we lose fire. We become full of good intentions instead of becoming full of the Holy Spirit, and our actions become shadows of the lives God really intended for us to practice.

So, steal away with Him...

Be still and know that He is God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback welcome!