Friday, August 24, 2012

Week 1 at YWAM Cook Islands

Well, tecnically it's not a week. It's 5 days. But Fridays are supposed to become my blog days, so this is the 1st Friday, and therefore, Week 1.
I arrived in the Cook Islands Monday morning. Kate Moala picked me up with a cofee, an ei (called lei in Hawaian, basically, a flower necklace) and a smile:) We had a lovely drive home and I spent the rest of the morning catching up with the different people on staff.
Tuesday I did some more catching up, had a walk on the beach, a nap, and a few chocolate covered coffee beans. We also had a base practice for a new ministry that a few of the staff are planning on starting up in one of the local high schools.
Wednesday I was tired of sitting around, so I decided to clean the kitchen, make new curtains, decorate the DTS classroom, as well as a few other things. Needless to say, I bit off a few too many projects in one go, and was exhasted by 3PM.
So yesterday, I kept working on the curtains, attended another base practice, went for a walk on the beach, picked flowers with Kate, made an ei, sat in the office for a few hours working on DTS things, and called it a day.
Today I finished off the kitchen (mostly-the windows still need to be done), had a meeting with Paula, the DTS leader, and went to town to pick up a few things.
I will continue working on different things as time allows, but God showed me through this something kinda crazy to my small brain. Even the little things in life need to be done in accordance with His leading. There are many things that I can do on my own, but that doesn't mean that I can do them on my own strength. I need to rely on God day in and day out.
So that's this week in a nutshell. Next week we have staff training for the DTS and we'll be continuing to get the base ready for the students that are arriving. DTS orientation starts on the 1st of September. Please continue to keep me, and the whole base, in your prayers.
ka kite (seeing you again in Cook Island Maori)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback welcome!