Saturday, January 11, 2014

Second Blog for 2014

Here's to keeping commitments! Second blog for January 2014:)
So this past week, we went back to full-time work after our Christmas/New Year 'down' time. It has rained almost all week, the rainy season has hit with full force, but the rain is nice, it brings down the humidity and keeps everything a little cooler, plus we have lots of water again! Yay for water pressure!

But, this has been a good week. We've finished our first 5 days of praying and fasting for the year. Now I normally don't like to talk about fasting in public. In Matthew 6, Jesus talks about fasting in secret, so that the Lord will reward you openly. But I want to use this as an opportunity, if you would like to join in praying for the base, you can contact me at darlalawan@hotmail.com or what would probably work better is seeyou@ywamcooks.com, which I check regularly, and I can send you a list of our prayer points for the year. I believe that God wants to do amazing things in the Cook Islands in 2014, and I also believe that our best covering is in prayer, so especially for the next 16 days, I want to encourage you to pray with us, as we seek God's heart for this nation in the coming year!

This week I have spent a lot of time in the office, planning out the Mini-DTS, which I will be leading in March 2014. Basically it is a 3 week course, that runs lectures in the evenings, on many similar topics to the DTS. The target group is the local community, and we really want them to grow in their relationships with God, as well as develop a heart for serving in their local churches and villages. Please pray for me as I continue to plan and prepare for this.

That's mostly what I've been up to this week. I'll keep posting weekly, so shorter posts and less to read:) Just a thought from Jeremiah which God used to speak to me this week in closing,

Jeremiah 33:3 - "Call to Me and I will answer you, I will show you great and mighty things which you do not know."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback welcome!