Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Coming Year...

Sorry, this is a few days late. We held a fundraiser on Saturday and so Friday and Saturday were spent working hard out, all hours of the day.
This week we entered into our second week of prayer and fasting, and God has been speaking many things to us about the coming year.
For myself, personally, I'm feeling a bit unsure of where God is leading me. I have some plans as to what I'd like my year to look like, but I'm still waiting for God to confirm them to me.
Still, in all my Bible readings and prayer times, even emails and facebook messages that I've been receiving from friends and family, everything points to newness, a new time, a new season.
I am super grateful for the past year and for everything that has happened, but it has been a hard year on me personally, and so I'm ready for refreshing, however that may come. I have grown a lot though, and God has challenged me in a lot of different areas of my life.
I'm still not sure if a new season means a new place, but I'm seeking God's heart in this.
At the moment, I'll be staying on as staff here at least until the end of March. I'm leading a mini-DTS (as I've mentioned before) for three weeks in March.
I'm praying about heading to Asia for the month of April. I'm in contact with a few different YWAM bases, but I'll need quite a bit of funding to head out as a volunteer in Asia (mostly for airfares, but accommodation is more expensive than what I pay in the Cooks). After that I'm looking at heading home for about 6 weeks, to catch up with family and friends.
None of this is definite yet, so I would appreciate your prayers as I make this decision, and discern where and to what God is leading me.
Love to you all (and feel free to contact me on facebook or email...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback welcome!