Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Future...

Kia Orana everyone!
I'll be very honest...this blog is being written with sadness & excitement...
God has confirmed to me that it is time to move on from YWAM Cook Islands. It's time for a new season in my life. So, I'm leaving here in early April, and I'm walking forward into I'm not sure what. But for now I'll be spending some time at home, re-connecting with my home church and spending time with family.

My time in missions isn't finished, but I'm not completely sure what God is calling me into next.
Over the next few weeks, I'll be winding down here in the Cooks, leading the mini-dts and handing some of my responsibilities over to others.

I'm very sad to be leaving, as this place has been a major part of my life for the last few years. But I'm confident that, although I'm leaving, it will also have a place in my heart and life.

Just a heads up, I may not be coming directly home in April, I'd really like to go to Asia for a few weeks and come home in May, but I'm still praying about it and seeking God's direction.
I have brought it to the mission board at my home church, and am also waiting their blessing. I'll be making the decision in the next week or two, as I have quite a bit to fundraise and visas to apply for if I do go to Asia, so I'll keep you all posted.

So, I just wanted to write a short update of what's happening in my life. I really appreciate everyone's support and prayers. I know that some of you have been praying for me since the beginning of the year, as I felt the need to confirm if this is the place God had for me at the moment.

It's hard, to know that this chapter of my life is over, but I know that God is stepping me forward in life, and I'm walking into a new chapter, a new adventure with Him:)

All the best to you all, and I'll continue to keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Darla ... The Lord who is Faithful is also The Way & He ensures that the steps of a good women is ordered. You are doing well by simply following Him, even when the path ahead has uncertainties. Gods blessing over you. Paul & Tanya Kauri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pastor...I am blessed to have the 2 of you in my life...learned so much from both of you! I'm sure we will meet again someday...

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback welcome!