Monday, March 31, 2014

What I'm Looking Forward To...

So, I'm going to try and write this post. I know I need to because yesterday someone asked me what I was looking forward to when I get home and I drew a blank....Finally, I said, well, to spend time with my family. Then came the inevitable question, but what else?

What else am I looking forward to? I'm struggling with this, because I have no idea what God is calling me to and I've been trying to sort out in my head what my purpose is for going home...

And honestly, I'm really not sure what reason God has for taking me home, but I've decided that I can still look forward to things, even if I have no set purpose for heading back to Canada.

I'm looking forward to northern lights, dancing across the sky. I'm looking forward to snow and all the things you can do with snow. 

I'm looking forward to setting the timer on my coffee maker and having a hot pot of coffee ready for my quiet times at 6am. I'm looking forward to padding through the house in flannel pjs, early in the morning, where everything is still, fresh snow blanketing the ground in quiet.

I'm looking forward to watching Atuk, the family dog, bound across the front yard, chasing deer and moose. I'm looking forward to seeing her sneak away from the fireplace because she knows she's not supposed to be there. 

I'm looking forward to sitting in the living room with my parents, brothers, sisters, 'til the wee hours of the morning, chatting about nothing and everything, laughter ringing through the room at our own nonsense. 

I'm looking forward to Sunday lunches after church. I'm looking forward to seeing friends and family every Sunday morning, people I've known forever, that I've grown up with and shared life with. 

I'm looking forward to books, hundreds of thousands of books, at my parents' house, at my aunties' houses, at the library, at bookstores...I am so looking forward to bookstores!

I want to go snowboarding, skating, play hockey, play basketball, maybe even football or badminton. 

I want to go camping, smelling fresh coffee brewing over a smokey fire. 

I'm looking forward to watching my youngest siblings play basketball. I'm looking forward to Christmas with my family, the smells of a northern Christmas wafting through the house. I'm looking forward to...

I'm looking forward to moments, precious moments with family, with friends, weddings, birthdays, holidays, births, baptisms. Things I've missed for the past 5 or so years. It's been so long since I lived at home...

I'm looking forward to seeing God move in different ways in my life, speaking into a new season, growing me for what He has next. I'm looking forward to rest in His arms for a season, being filled to minister better in the future. I'm looking forward to the forging of family ties, the deepening of friendships, and the birth of new relationships. 

I'm looking forward to life. This past month, has been a month of death in some ways, maybe not death but endings, and I'm looking forward to a new beginning, a season of firsts. I'm not sure what the firsts will be, but I know that they will be there. 

God is good. I will rest in the shadow of His wings, and I will not be moved:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback welcome!